How much money are you spending on advertising and marketing for your business each month? How much money is that marketing bringing in? Would you rather not talk about it? As a business owner or tradeshow professional, your goal needs to be to draw in as much business as possible without spending a lot to make it happen. To accomplish this, it’s essential to stand out, jump out of the box, or otherwise excite those who see your company’s advertising or visit your trade show booth. If you are struggling with a lack of customer interest, now is the time to truly stand out.
Define What’s Wrong with Your Marketing
Step one is recovering from marketing dysfunction is to understand what the underlying problem is. Why isn’t your marketing getting attention? Common reasons include:
- It’s the same thing you have done for the last decade. You may be changing up your sales or using different language, but you are marketing in the same way you always have.
- You are no longer (or ever were) marketing to the right audience. Define who your audience is and find a way to reach them specifically.
- You lack shock value. Unfortunately, in the world we live in today, shock value is critical. If you are not getting attention by shocking others, you are missing out!
Once you know what the problem is you can begin to create a new marketing plan that offers the unique, customized solutions that are right for your business. This includes better tools that make your business stand out from the rest.
How to Dominate in Your Market
It doesn’t matter what you are selling, the type of tradeshow you are in, or who your audience is if you know how to stand out. Here are some ideas to help you to get started.
- Shock your visitors with inflatables. Think about the use of a huge inflatable icon for your business right off the highway – it is going to get attention.
- Stop using the words “FREE” or “SAVE.” People don’t want gimmicks. They want factual information.
- Make it irresistible for people to turn away from your event. Entice them with fun. Dunk tanks, bounce houses and inflatable obstacle courses are just a few ways you can capture audience attention.
In some cases, the very best step you can take is to step away and hire a professional to offer the help you need. Sponsor an event and use an advertising event management team to help you to create hype for it. This way, you are getting a professional who has fresh ideas looking at what you have to offer.
Ultimately, your business is only as successful as the splash you create in your marketing. When it isn’t going the way you want it to go, it’s time to step back and consider ways to truly stand out and draw in new people and interest.