The best thing about hosting a party is enjoying friends and family from the comfort of your home. But, for some the stress of making sure guests are fed can be a deterrent to hosting a party or from being able to enjoy your party. By making some simple and tasty snacks in advance, you can relax and stay in the moment while your guests are over. Rethink your party snack options with these quick and delicious items to satisfy all palates beyond chips and dips.
1. Sound fancy but keep it simple. The Fresh-Herb Crostini makes the most of seasonal produce and takes advantage of what is already in your pantry. This recipe uses a French bread baguette, tomato, green onions, parsley, mint and crumbled feta cheese. All other items are kitchen staples. After slicing and baking the bread for approximately 10 minutes, combine the other ingredients and top bread slices with two teaspoons of the mix. Add a touch of feta.
2. Need a fresh no-cook option? Look no further than these naturally gluten-free Melon, Mozzarella, and Prosciutto Skewers. Have the kids help assemble this easy party favorite. Purchase a 20 pack of 4-inch skewers. Insert the skewer through 1 melon cube, 1 prosciutto slice and 1 mozzarella ball in this simple and colorful recipe. Add cracked pepper and chill until ready to serve.
3. Keep adults and kids happy with pigs in a blanket. This party staple holds up well either hot or at room-temperature. There will be no leftovers of this birthday and Super Bowl favorite. Pick up some frozen puff pastry, add the sausage link option of your choice (traditional hot dogs, organic,chicken sausage), and some whole-grain mustard for this crowd-pleasing party snack. After minimal prep, bake the wrapped sausages for 15 to 20 minutes. Accompany with mustard sauce. This well-tested choice can even be brought to parks and other party location.
4. Hit it out of the park with this Barbeque Meatball Sliders recipe. After preparing meatballs according to directions, toss them in the tangy barbeque sauce and top each meatball and inner roll with the combined slaw of cabbage, scallions, mayonnaise, celery seed and cider vinegar. Accompany with fries, a green salad or potato salad.
5. For the health conscious, offer this versatile Roasted Garlic-Edamame Spread option. Use it to as an alternative crostini topping, spread it on open-faced mini-sandwiches or pair it with chopped vegetables. Make it three days in advance to save time on the day of your party. The preparation is simple. Roast the garlic in the oven, process edamame in a food processor while adding garlic, ricotta, basil and lemon juice, and send it through the food chute.
To make it easier to create your simple but satisfying spread, purchase pre-sliced and balled fruit, and ready to cook meatballs or other similar items. Know that these tantalizing snacks will go fast and offer something for everyone at your party.
Big AZ Promotions is the Phoenix, AZ choice to help you actually spend time with your guests and minimize party preparations. Make extra and enjoy the celebration.